Course Outline Information for Students (All Courses)
Information for Students
(Information below can be adapted and supplemented as necessary.)
- Assignments: Late assignments, lab reports or projects will not be accepted for marking beyond the End of Term. Assignments must be done on an individual basis unless otherwise specified by the instructor.
- Makeup Tests, Exams or Quizzes: There will be no makeup quizzes. If you miss a quiz, you will receive zero marks. Exceptions may be made for documented medical reasons or extenuating circumstances. In such a case, it is the responsibility of the student to inform the instructor immediately.
- Ethics: It is expected that all students attending Templeton will follow a high standard of ethics. Incidents of cheating or plagiarism may, therefore, result in a grade of zero for the assignment, quiz, or project for all parties involved.
- Attendance: The attendance policy as outlined in the current school Calendar will be enforced. Attendance will be taken at the beginning of each session. Students not present at that time will be recorded as absent.
- Illness: A doctor’s note is required for any illness causing you to miss assignments, quizzes, or projects. At the discretion of the instructor, you may complete the work missed or have the work prorated.
- Course Outline Changes: The material or schedule specified in this course outline may be changed by the instructor. If changes are required, they will be announced in class.
- Computer Use Policy: The VSB has an District-wide policy pertaining to information technology and services and to the resources available in support of the VSB mission. Information, Communication and Technology / Computer Science students are expected to exercise the highest degree of professionalism and ethical behaviour related to information technology. Violations of the VSB UA will result in disciplinary action which may include suspension or expulsion of students.