Banner Design Assignment
- Webpage Anatomy - The Identity Block; logo + colours + name (typography) + background (texture) + images
- Grid Theory: rule of 1/3s; Balance: as/symetry; Unity: proximity + Emphasis: placement, continuance, isolation, contrast + proportion.
- Above the Fold - ie you are providing a mock up of a screens-full of the site.
- What colour associations do the Templeton colours of Maroon (#990000) and Gold (#FFCC00) have for you?
- Go to a colour pallette generator (see below) and generate a pallette for each colour. What sense of Temperature and Value (tint/pure/shade) do you get with each pallette? How do these correspond with your vision/feel for the site?
- Purpose of all web design --> COMMUNICATION
- Typography is the substance of branding, the key to unspoken communication, and an essential piece of web design.
- Add Google Web Fonts to Blogspot - GSearch, Google Web Fonts site, How to add custom fonts to blogger - Webztraffic, GWebFonts Plugin for Photoshop,
- point/ line/ shape/ volume & depth/ pattern
- point - size, pixel, fundamental element of graphic design.
- line - quality, direction, thickness
- shape - geometric vs. free-form, economy of line
- volume & depth - perspective, proportion, light & shadow.
- pattern - what and why
- what texture would you add? you must answer the question: what am I trying to communicate with texture and why this way (not these others - provide 2 alternative ideas of what you ccould do.)
Online Color Pallette/Scheme Generators