Journalism / SurveyThanks to Ms. Bombino for teaching us research techniques last day.
Templeton Library | VSB WEB Catalogue | VSB WEBCat Databases
Newspapers/Databases that we looked at (usernames and passwords are in your Agenda) :
- the Vancouver Sun
- the Province
- Canadian Points of View Reference Centre
- Global Issues in Context
- Canadian Periodical Index
Digital Journalism Students:
You are working on your stories.
- Charlotte - Congratulations for your story -> Pumped up kids inspired at We Day and thank-you for making us look good.
- Other Info: Eve Ensler (creator of The Vagina Monologues) on Q (Q full podcasts - listen to Today's episode) talking about her new play Emotional Creature where she specifically speaks about girls, Malala Yousufzai, Pussy Riot (GSearch), Julia Butterfly Hill (GSearch), and her idea that we all have girls inside and that we are all (men and women) brought up NOT to be girls.
- Vancouver Courier - Welfare Food Challenge participants hungry and stressed
From last day, in a GDoc, you should have:
- a topic that you want to do further research on
- minimum of 3 primary sources from the databases
Today you should be collecting specific chunks of information into your document from the databases. You can also be collecting secondary sources from other places on the Internet.