The Following are Reading/Viewing links on Colour Theory and Colour Meaning. Read and/or view the following:
- Theories and Harmonies of Color - ADOBE TV
- Color theory - Wikipedia
- Color scheme - Wikipedia
- Color Theory - Interface Design for the WWW course at NYU
- color in advertising meaning - GImage Search
- WHAT YOUR LOGO'S COLOR SAYS ABOUT YOUR COMPANY - FAST COMPANY
- How to choose a colour scheme for your logo design - Creative Bloq
- Color: Meaning, Symbolism, and Psychology - HubPages
- Colour Idioms List With 89 Idioms and Their Meanings - myenglishteacher
Armed with this knowledge, look again at your Minimalist Art assignment and answer the following questions:
- What do my colour choices communicate to the audience (emotion or theme)?
- Is there coherence in my colour choices (do the colour meanings "clash" - aim for harmony, at this point)?
- Let someone in class view your image. What is their response; what do they say is communicated in your image?
Make 3 versions of your image that communicate different emotions ro themes.
Extra Colour Theory/Meaning Reading/Viewing:
- Colour Wheel - Adobe TV search
- Basic color schemes - Introduction to Color Theory - Tiger Color
- Color Temperature - Bruce MacEvoy's Watercolors site
- Complementary colors - Wikipedia
- Color Field - Wikipedia
- Colorfulness - Wikipedia
- Hue - Wikipedia
- Tints and shades - Wikipedia
- Lightness - Wikipedia
- Web colors - Wikipedia
- Political colour - Wikipedia
- 1 Million Colours - Wikipedia